For so many homeowners, completing DIY projects is a great moment of pride. While there are a lot of projects that make sense to do on your own, there are also others that are best left to a professional. Window replacement is one of those projects that homeowners debate about doing on their own or hiring a professional.
In this blog, we'll review the pros and cons of DIY window installation. But before we do that, we thought you might want to learn more about us.
Since 2015, Energy Home Pros has been a top window replacement company in San Antonio. We're proud to offer a wide range of dynamic solutions that help you to upgrade numerous aspects of your home.
Pros of DIY Window Replacement
Let's start out with a few of the pros that come from DIY window replacement. By choosing to skip the window company and challenging yourself instead, you'll enjoy benefits like:
- Labor Costs: By choosing to do it yourself, you'll save 100% on labor costs—this is the top reason why homeowners make this choice.
- Satisfaction: There's nothing quite like a job well done. And by choosing DIY, you'll definitely enjoy this feeling.
Cons of DIY Window Replacement
As you might have guessed, there are far more cons to DIY window replacement than there are pros. The truth is, while you may save money and have a sense of satisfaction, the frustration, headaches, time consumption, and other aspects make hiring a window replacement contractor more desirable. Here's why:
- Risk of Injury: With any DIY project, you're taking on the risk of bodily harm. Broken glass, exposure to toxic chemicals like lead, asbestos leaks, and more—it's not worth it.
- Full Responsibility: Unless you're a professional, you'll likely make mistakes throughout the process. And while simple mistakes are fine, often, these can become costly and turn out to be more expensive than hiring a professional.
- Tools and Materials Cost: There are a lot of tools involved in window replacement. If you plan on doing this yourself, you better check to make sure you have a hammer, level, tape measure, pry bar, caulk gun, power drill, screwdriver, putty, putty knife, utility knife, and tarp handy.
Call Our Team Today
If you're a DIY enthusiast, then we salute you. But when you know it's time to work with a team of window replacement experts, then you'll want to partner with the professionals at Energy Home Pros. Since 2015, we've been a top name, offering exceptional window replacement that transforms your home. Give us a call today or fill out the online form for your free, no-obligation estimate.
Subscribe to Energy Home Pros's Blog